Thursday 5 July 2012

Review: Basix Smoothy Dong with Suction Cup


This basix dildo is a low cost, harness compatible, suction based toy from a value range, retailing for around £12 from lovehoney.co.uk.  Basic by name and by nature, it could be seen as very appealing as an entry level toy.


Simply packaged in a plastic blister pack, this is no-frills, what you see is what you get.  Unfortunately you cannot see smells and this is the first thing that hits you as you removed the packaging.  I will be honest, this thing stinks. It has a VERY strong rubbery smell, very chemical in nature as opposed to a natural rubber scent.


Around six and a half inches long and just over an inch and a half across at the widest point, this is a nice size.  The head is pronounced but smoothly curved which I like a lot.  The material is soft and flexible.  Perhaps too much so for harness use as I suspect you wouldn’t get much in the way of control.  It bounces about like Tigger on a sugar high.  Amusing, yes but potentially mood breaking and frustrating in use.


The surface had some very noticeable flaws and holes in it.  It is also just slightly sticky to the touch.  I would not class this as hygienic at all.  Although advertised as free phthalates I would not consider this body safe for my own use and covered it with a condom for testing.  I have used toys of a similar material before which left me sore, so I was not taking that chance again for the sake of this one. 


It felt… OK.  That is all really.  It has a nice shape and a lovely size for vaginal penetration, but no fireworks here.  It was too flexible for me personally to use for g spot stim and in all honesty, the sensations were not worth the bother and expense of a condom to cover it each time.  Nor was it worth the smell, which even after several washes lingered through my whole bedroom (when the dildo was away in the drawer).


On a plus note, the suction cup works well.  It stuck firmly to mirrors, headboards and floors in a variety of amusing ways and even once to a forehead, dalek style.  Was particularly successful on the bathroom tiles, where it finally found some real use before the smell overwhelmed me and I threw it away.  Ah well, waste not.


Ultimately, the size and shape were great but the material was a huge let down.  Not for me this one, at all.
Overall rating: 1/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and feedback. Always very welcome x